Installing things on a (La)TeX system
Installing (or replacing) things on your (La)TeX system has the potential to be rather complicated; the following questions attempt to provide a step-by-step approach, starting from the point where you've decided what it is that you want to install:
- You must find the file you need ;
- If you are going to install a LaTeX package, you may need to unpack the distributed files ;
- It may be necessary to generate some documentation to read ;
- You need to decide where to install the files ;
- You must now install the files ; and finally
- You may need to tidy up after the installation.